1) Where do you source your ingredients?
My fabrics are sourced from thrift stores, estate and yard sales, and special closeouts. I cut up lots of t-shirts, skirts, table cloths, dish towels and unique pieces of fabric to create a fabric collage that is functional, wearable art.
2) Tell us about a new product you are working on.
Half aprons, Kid’s Aprons — all made of re-purposed textiles
3) What will our fans find at your booth this fall?
One of a Kind Full Chef Aprons made from re-purposed and upcycled textiles. Made as functional,wearable art, each piece is unique.
4) What are your goals for your business in the next year?
I am hoping to add a new sewing machine to the studio. My Bernina 817 has been with me since 1970. This machine has done it all for me.
5) What’s the best part of your job?
I put together great fabric combinations that are beautiful, functional and made of re-purposed textiles and get feedback and admiration from those to look through the racks of aprons.